- Assess the qualifications of deck officers, trawl masters and deck crews for obtaining appropriate licenses;
- Educate fishing academy cadets, including courses in basic fishing processes, vessel manoeuvering and acoustic device handling;
- Train experienced crews for forthcoming voyages and refresh their knowledge.
All aspects of training:
- Trawling, long lining and purse seining in good or poor weather conditions, including currents, waves, strong squally winds, etc.
- Trawling and manoeuvering in the vicinity of other ships also involved in fishing operations;
- Setting the trawl for the required horizon and keeping it steady;
- Appropriate calibrating and use of acoustic devices for detecting position and depth;
- Tracing and chasing fish and manoeuvering a ship to achieve the best fishing gear position in relation to the shoal and the sea bottom.